It’s time to fill the board for next year! If you are interested in getting more involved in the Education Law & Policy Society there are a whole range of positions with various levels of commitment and job duties.
ELPS is looking for law students to serve in the board and the publication editorial staff. Even if you are not interested in one of these positions but would like to join our organization as a regular member, please fill out the survey below. ELPS will only have a limited number of events during the 2016-2017 academic school year to give potential members an clear idea of the time they will be committing to our organization.
General Body Meetings (3 meetings, 1 hour each)
- ELPS will only host one general body meeting per quarter for all members during the lunch period.
- Dates are to be determined after we receive sufficient responses from our members regarding their availability
Board Meetings (approximately 9 meetings, no more than 1.5 hours each)
- Board meetings will be held once per month or up to twice per month prior to our conference and journal launch event. Depending on the team’s ability to organize work effectively, the number of meeting might or might not increase.
“Washington Education Law and Policy Review” Launch Event
- 2-3 ELPS members will present briefly on their journal articles and 1 guest speaker will talk about one education issue raised in our journal or blog (this was Justice Yu last year). We are hoping to secure a speaker of the same stature for this upcoming year.
Forces of Change Conference
- This year we held this conference during diversity week. The Forces of Change Mini-Conference: Recognizing Racial Barriers to Education was a success this year. Please visit our website for more information.
Please fill out this survey to find out which of the following positions is best for you:
To join our organization please fill out this survey.